I took apart one of my purses (it was looking ratty) and used it as a pattern to make a new one. I should have taken a picture of the original for comparison, but I didn't think of it until after I'd already dismantled it. I used a navy fabric with tiny yellow polka dots, and I lined it in a solid yellow Kona cotton. I put mid-weight interfacing on the outer shell, I should have used a light-weight interfacing. Next time. The rings are from the original bag. It has a zippered closure, like the one Lizy did on my purse.
I even put a little zippered pouch inside. It my first time ever attempting such a thing, and I'm super pleased with the results! It isn't perfect, but it works and I learned what to do--and not to do--for the next time.
The pictures aren't the best. I'll bring it in to the shop for show-and-tell, and for any constructive criticism anyone wishes to offer. I plan to make several more of these (I discovered this weekend that my fabric stash is a lot more awesome than I thought). This one already has a home, but I'm hoping to be able to sell some of the others.