I spent a good 4 or 5 hours with a sewing machine yesterday. I got the fabric cut for my shirred voile skirt, then realized I probably ought to start with something smaller and less daunting and switched to working on Elora's matching dress. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty intimidated by this whole shirring thing, despite being told numerous times that it's ridiculously easy. But you know, they were right!
I managed to get Elora's dress almost completely finished (sorry for the crummy picture). All I had left to do was to sew on the straps, but I wanted to try it on her before I added them. I had this nagging suspicion that the elastic around the top would be too tight, and I was right. (Sometimes, I really hate being right.) So, I am going to take apart the very top of the dress so I can take out the elastic. Then, once I get it put back together, I am going to add 2 more rows of shirring at the top to replace it. I know it's going to be dodgy trying to do the shirring with it already put together, but hopefully it won't be too bad.